New members are welcome!
Joining the Cairns 4WD club is easy and pleasurable. First come and attend one of our monthly meeting. There you can meet other members, learn a bit about the Club and how it works. It is all about fun, friendship and four wheel driving.
To become a member of the Club you have to attend at least 2 general meetings, participate in an Induction Day Drive and go on another trip as a visitor.
The first step is to come to a meeting. The meetings are on the first Wednesday of the month (not in January) and start at 7.30pm sharp. To find the meeting see below. At the meeting you can get to know us and you can subscribe on one, or more, of the club’s trips.
After 2 meetings and at least 2 trips, one of which must be an Induction Day Drive, you complete a membership application form and submit it to the Treasurer. The committee has to ratify your application. Once that is done you pay your annual membership fee, which includes your family. The joining fee for the 2020-2021 financial year was $98 – $85 and $13 (this fee contributes with the Club’s purchase of your name badge).
It should be noted that some trips and activities are restricted to members only. However there are plenty of trips on which visitors are weclome. For more information about trip please go to the Trips Page.
General meetings on the first Wednesday of every Month (except January).
Code of Ethics
Four Wheel Drivers Code of Ethics
- Obey the laws and regulations for Recreational Vehicles that apply to Public lands.
- Respect the cultural, heritage and environmental values of public/private land by obeying restrictions that may apply.
- Respect our flora and fauna. Stop and look but never disturb.
- Keep to formed vehicle tracks.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own and any other rubbish out.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and clean to reduce the environmental impact.
- Adopt minimal impact camping and driving practices.
- Seek permission before driving on private land. Do not disturb livestock or watering points, leave gates as found.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel, basic spares and a first aid kit on trips. In remote areas travel with another vehicle and have Royal Flying Doctor Service, or equivalent, radio contact.
- Enjoy your recreation and respect the rights of others.
- Plan ahead and lodge trip details with a responsible person.
- Support four-wheel drive touring as a responsible and legitimate family recreational activity. Consider joining an affiliated four-wheel drive club.
This code supports the National Recreational Vehicle Policy and is valuable only if you observe it.
DO NOT DESTROY WHAT WE HAVE COME TO ENJOY
LEAVE ONLY YOUR FOOT PRINTS IN THE SAND
TAKE HOME ALL OF THE REFUSE THAT YOU BRING IN
SO WE CAN LEAVE A CLEAN AND HEALTHY LAND
Produced by the Australian National Four Wheel Drive Council in the interests of promoting responsible four wheel drive touring.